Mrs. FAREED SITHY FAHMIYA: LLB (HONS)
AJMAN, P.O.BOX-1225, UAE
E- mail: email@example.com
Mob: 00971 52882 6182 / 00971 50491 7221
A bright, talented and ambitious lawyer who possesses a vast wealth of knowledge and has a proven record of providing indispensable advice to clients and delivering positive outcomes for them. A quick learner who can quickly absorb new situations and can communicate clearly and effectively with both legal professionals and public. Constantly focused on resolving legal issues and always looking for ways to improve and evolve processes.
· Research fellow in Master of Public Administration (MPA) at University of Colombo in Sri Lanka from August 2014.
· Take Oaths as Attorney-at –law on December 2012.
· Successfully Completed Notary Public & Company Secretary & Commissioner for Oath in 2013.
· Successfully Completed Human Resource Management & Development Course at University of Colombo in Sri Lanka from December 2010 to June 2011.
· Successfully Completed Bachelor of Law (Second Class) at University of Colombo in Sri Lanka on September 2011.
• Two years and eight months of relevant experience as a Legal Assistant with Attorneys’ Unit
• Highly skilled in assisting attorneys with managing legal documents
• Hands on experience in organizing and managing document productions for litigation
• In depth knowledge of preparing documents and performing research activities
· Practicing lawyer at Trincomalee court of Sri Lanka (January 2013–September 2014 )
· I served six months apprenticeship as a Lawyer at Trincomalee Court complex of Sri Lanka in 2012.
· Worked as a Legal Intern in NPDS for IDPs Project (National Protection &Durable Solution for Internally Displaced Person) of Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka at Trincomalee Branch in 2010.
SCOPE OF EXPOSURE
Providing accurate, timely and effective legal advice to clients.
· Drafting legal documents such as legal correspondence and reports.
· Document typing, analysis and proofing, amending and formatting documents as required.
· Represent clients in criminal and civil litigation and other legal proceedings.
· Advising businesses on the impact, interpretation and implementation of new policies and legislation.
· Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
· Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
· Present and summarize cases.
· Keeping records up to date.
· Audio typing.
· Mailbox management and hard and soft copy filing.
· Downloading and saving documentation from data room sites.
· Schedule appointments and take phone calls
IT: Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; accurate touch-typing skills
LANGUAGE: Fluent in Tamil, Sinhala and English reading, writing and speaking
Ability to writing, reading in Hindi and Arabic (intermediate speaking)
· Good knowledge of legal terminology
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills aimed at interviewing clients and witnesses and documenting evidence
· Proficient in using the Internet. Email and search engines
· Proven ability to manage multiple calendars
· Excellent organization and time management skills
Name in full : Mrs. Sithy Fahmiya Fareed
Date of Birth : 01-09-1987
Gender : Female
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Religion : Muslim
Civil Status : Married
Permanent Address : P. O. Box – 1225, Ajman - UAE
Visa Status : Husband’s Visa
Mobile Number : 00971 528826182 / 00971 504917221
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
REFERENCES :Available on request.